This election has been a controversial topic over the last few months. It caused a really big division between the republicans that supported President Donald J Trump and the democrats who supported the now President-elect Joe Biden. We have been seeing this election race on different sides all over social media like TikTok, Instagram, and Twitter. It woke up our interest in the topic.
This is a little recap on how the election went:
- Both candidates closed their campaigns with celebrities.
- “We are in a battle for the soul of the nation. And you have the ultimate power to determine the outcome: your vote. Use it ” Biden said.
- President Donald Trump said Wednesday that he is winning by a wide difference in the elections, “but they are trying to STEAL the elections. We will never let them do it.”
- Joe Biden came to the fore in Michigan, a key state that could give him victory in the elections if he also prevails in Wisconsin and Nevada.
- The most likely path to victory for Biden is through Nevada and Wisconsin. If the Democrat wins both, a victory in Georgia, Michigan or Pennsylvania would give him enough voters to win.
- Donald Trump posted on Twitter: “Last night I was leading, solidly, in many key states, in almost all cases, led and controlled by the Democrats. Then one by one, they began to magically disappear as the surprise dumps were counted. VERY STRANGE, and the “pollsters” got it completely and historically wrong!” “How is it that every time they count the landfills by mail they are so devastating in their percentage and power of destruction?” He asked.
- Biden’s lead over Trump in Michigan stretches to 34,000 votes.
- Joe Biden became the presidential candidate with the most votes cast in history, with almost 70 million votes, pending the final results of the elections. The former vice president surpassed the 69,498,516 votes obtained by Barack Obama in 2008.
This election caused a lot of chaos among the American people. Since this has been one of the biggest and most important elections in years, the most voted one in fact, since 1907. Even the rest of the world has strong opinions about it and are choosing sides, and their views. A lot of people, even a few of which we know stopped being friends with others that favored another candidate that was not theirs, this has even caused discord between family and friends.
By Lía Ureña & Esperanza Handal.